Friday, August 12, 2016

New Character (Kind of...)

Tom here, and I'm back with another Switch update (and thanks to Keith for filling in the last few weeks; but what else is he gonna do--he's a gimp!).

Keith kind of hinted/previewed a character a few blogs ago about an alien astronaut called The Transient who will make his debut in The Switch graphic novel.  As you have seen, Keith will sometimes do a sketch of his ideas whether they be layouts or character designs, and then pass them on to me to do as I please.  Sometimes I'll add/modify those ideas (as you will see here), and other times I'll leave them basically the way Keith envisioned (a la Switch character--not Electricia).  And other times yet I'll completely ignore Keith's visual suggestion altogether and go, "I bet I can do this thing even worse!"

Here I'm proud to show off my refinement of The Transient.  And I'm happy to say that The Transient is based off of backer supreme Matt DeAngelis:
Matt seems to enjoy wearing shades!
I especially liked Keith's boot idea and rocket pack idea.  Although Matt's character looks very humanoid (he's supposed to be alien), he will no doubt have alien abilities and probably alien skin color.  The overall color scheme from Keith's design will remain.

Next time I post, I will show more interior page goodness ;)   Thanks again for peeking, and big ups to Matt!

No comments:

Post a Comment