Friday, November 10, 2017

Hello Switches, Switchers...er, supporters of The Switch!


It’s me, Robb Miller the colorist, just checking in with the Friday blog update.
The end of production is very much in sight as I wrap up coloring the final pages and they are placed in the final layout and then word balloons, sound effects and everything else is added in!


I know I wasn’t initially an artist working on The Switch in the beginning but I do appreciate the patience of fans of this big graphic novel!


I know firsthand what it's like to back a project that doesn't come out on time. I have backed several crowd-sourced campaigns (including this one) and have had varying experiences with each. I have been waiting a long time for a camera band for my iWatch and still haven’t gotten it. Soon I will be like Dick Tracy! Supposedly the new bluetooth being added and ability to work with Series 3 iWatch is part of the delay.


I got my Hi*Fi Coloring for Comics book and a reward was having my name in the book (apparently not my last name though.) The Hi*Fi book was helpful in expanding my skills and helping me get the coloring job on The Switch!


I am currently working my way through my Andy Smith’s How to Draw SUPERHEROES Sketchbook! When I can’t think what to practice drawing, this guides me along!


I am excited to get Bart Sears’ DRAWING POWERFUL HEROES: Brutes and Babes! at some point. Remember the tutorials in Wizard Magazine?


There are several books from artists/creators geared to educate and entertain! I love to back people trying to do their own thing outside of a corporate umbrella but ironically, things sometimes take longer to produce outside of that corporate umbrella. Nothing is as simple as it first seems.


When I finally get my CMRA iWatch band, I know if will be top of the line and better than what I initially gave my support to. As one of only two people that have read the entire script for The Switch, I know all of you that supported it will feel the same. We're all so excited to finally be able to announce that the book is done.

Here are some black and white to color examples from the book.


If I told you what Dr. Hate was saying here, you'd hate me for ruining it!


I do have a last name, you know!


Call her Miss Jackson if you're Nasty.


"Your hair looks a little static-y today, Lover Boy!"


"Aren't our costumes supposes to be white? Shit!"


Keith will be back next week with another update. Thanks everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment