Friday, September 23, 2016

Look, up in the sky! It's a complete page!

Hey everybody, welcome to another thrilling installment of the weekly Switch blog. My name is Keith and I'll be your tour guide this week through all the happenings and snappenings in the crazy world of comic book production.

I went back into the script last weekend to revise the dialogue for lettering. Once I read something I've written with fresh eyes, I always find stuff I want to tweak and freshen up but this time, I got a little bit carried away. I kindasortamaybe decided I had a better idea for the last third of the story and ended up throwing out the last thirty pages of script.

Was there something wrong with the way the story ended originally? Probably not and I'm sure some lines of dialogue might sneak their way back into the new pages. I guess the new idea I came up with just felt more true, more organic to the character of Electricia and the world that we've set up in this graphic novel. Anyone out there that writes a bit here or there knows that in the back of one's mind, things are always percolating and marinating and a story is never really done until it's off to the printers. I'm lucky on this project to have the freedom to go back in and make these changes, it's hugely liberating to be able to really stick the landing.

SO this week, I thought I'd unveil the first completely pencilled/inked/colored/lettered page that we've shared with you to date. You're seeing it out of context so it won't spoil anything for anybody. Hope you all dig it and we'll see you back here next week!

(By the way, if there's an issue with seeing the file on your phones, try looking at it from your computer. The last time the files didn't show up on phones, they were completely fine on laptops around the world.)

Thanks for reading,
Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment