Friday, March 3, 2017

some more Switch madness

Sorry for the late update today. I've had a crushing week finishing a rush job for Marvel and have been a brain dead baboon for most of the day. Which isn't much different from how I am any other day, really, so I don't know why I'm bringing it up now.

In Switch news, I was thinking earlier today that this blog has existed now for much longer than we originally anticipated. As production delays have pushed the publication of the graphic novel back, we've had to continue updating long past the point we had planned on. Yet throughout all these updates, all the art and story stuff that we've shared, you've still seen such a tiny portion of the project and even then, what you have seen has been mostly out of context. I guess I'm trying to say that I think it's cool the readers will still have so many surprises left to uncover.

I forgot to mention that about a month ago, I finally nailed down the ending to Electricia's story. If you'll recall, I had been juggling between three possible endings but eventually, settled on a fourth that kind of hit me in the head out of nowhere yet fit really well. It's nice when that happens, especially on a project like this that evolved so much from original concept through the execution.

Speaking of things that evolved, did we ever mention that when the book is published, it will be titles The Switch: Electricia? Turns out there was another project called The Switch so we had to differentiate. The tweaked title works out well, though, because by subtitling, the next two volumes will have distinct identities while falling under the overall Switch umbrella.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. Here's some art this week.



First up is our friend Edgar Salazar's great reward sketch of Elvira which will be winging its way to the reward winner very soon. HUGE thanks to Edgar for helping us out! He's good people and a great artist.

An Electricia reward sketch that I did a couple of weeks ago for a backer. This'll find its way into the package when we ship the books out.

Your first look at a fully lettered, fully colored page. What what what???

That's all for this week. Thanks as always for your support and we'll be back next week with more zany Switch madness!

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment