Friday, May 26, 2017

Return Of The Switch blog

Hey everyone, welcome back to another thrilling, chilling installment of the Switch production blog. Sorry there was no update last week; I just saw a half written draft that Tom saved off here on the blog dashboard but we were so busy on our whirlwind tour that he just didn't have time to finish it.

For those following along at home, Tom picked me up at the airport in Minnesota last Thursday and we immediately headed off to a romantic menage-a-dinner with our color artist, Robb Miller, at some Mexican place in the Mall Of America. A lovely time, and some guacamole, was had by all.

Friday morning started with a slight hiccup. We needed to be in Cedar Falls, Iowa by 11:00 to sign at Limited Edition Comics , meaning we'd have to leave by 6:00 AM to get there in time. Tom and Robb had a slight miscommunication as to which one of them was picking me up at my hotel. So they were equally surprised when they met up and neither one was accompanied by my smiling face. Those crazy kids. Anyway, all got worked out and we ended up getting to LE Comics by noon and signed and sketched all day, then hit the road by 8:00 to get back to my hotel a little past midnight. It was a long day but well worth the trip. Limited Edition is one of the nicest shops with some of the best people around as customers.

The main event began on Saturday when Springcon kicked into high gear, doors opening promptly at 10:00. I can't say enough good things about the all-volunteer staff that puts Springcon on every year. Just great people who take very good care of their guests. Tom, Robb and I had exclusive prints of the Doug Mahnke alternate cover available at the show and we went through pretty much all of them over the course of the two days. I jumped on a plane right after the show (setting off every airport security alarm with my fancy metallic leg implants for both flights) and got home around 1:30 AM.

It was an exhausting weekend full of nice comic book readers, good industry friends, and a lot of enthusiasm about The Switch. It makes me even more anxious to have the book finished and off to the printers.

Speaking of the Switch, I thought I'd share another full page of art with you this week. We haven't shown off much of Robb Miller's color work yet so let's give him a moment in the sun. Here comes page 21, for your viewing pleasure...


Tom should be back behind the keyboard next week and I'll see you all back in Minnesota for the weekend of Sept 16th for the Comicard show. Thanks for reading, and for your support.


No comments:

Post a Comment