Friday, February 2, 2018

Hey everybody, we're back at it again for another thrilling week of The Switch production blog! I'm handling the blog duties again this week as I'm not really sure where in the world Tom might be right now. I know he was in Thailand because he sent me pics dressed as a ladyboy. I wish I could share them because he looks BEAUTIFUL but I had to swear not to share them...oh, screw it. Tom will be angry but here's our boy putting the bang in Bangkok. 

Image result for thailand ladyboy

Anyway, back to The Switch. We're there, guys. Hard to believe but the last pages are being colored, Bill is plowing through the lettering as I type this and we should be less than two weeks away from sending it to the printer. We really can't wait to announce that it's finally done and off to print. As much as The Switch has been a labor of love for all of us, the lateness of the project has been a constant weight on our shoulders. It'll be a huge sigh of relief for all of us, creators and backers and our publishing partners at Dynamite, to get it out there.

So as the book drags itself over the finish line, I've started drawing my share of the headsketches that everyone is getting. I've also started rounding up our guest artists to finish their reward sketches and begun work on the credit/thank you page where each of you will find your name in the back of the book. Just crossing t's and dotting I's, making sure nothing is forgotten.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here's some preview art with fake captions again this week and then something really special. I'm unveiling a two-page spread that Tom and Robb did an amazing job on. Hope you dig it too.

"Give me back my space-binky, dammit!"

"Nom nom nom, Interstellar teething!"


Is it a battle scene or a visual representation of trying to get this book done?

Anyway, that's it for this week. Thanks as always for the support and patience. See you guys next week!

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment