Friday, January 26, 2018

Blogging once more

Hey everybody, it's blog time again. Thanks to Tom for handling this little slice of digital communication for the last few weeks. I didn't even ask him to, he just took it upon himself to become a blogging machine. You'll probably be stuck with me for the next several installments, I believe Tom has some kind of Vietnamese engagement ceremony this weekend. I'm not sure exactly what it entails but I've been told it's "grueling." I'm also pretty sure, knowing Tom, it will involve a donkey in some way, shape or form. 

I'm currently recovering from surgery on my good ol' leg last Friday. A few of you were nice enough to send me well wishes beforehand or check up on me afterwards and your thoughts were very appreciated. Anyway, let's get down to the nitty gritty and talk about Switch...

Right now, I'm happy to say that (unless I'm counting wrong) we're down to the last 4 pages of artwork being colored. Robb has been a godsend in juggling this stuff in between his other work and he's getting through the pages as fast as he can. He's also brought a level of organization to the various files/versions of the pages that has streamlined the process. So if you've got a project, by all means bring Robb aboard. He's the man!

Once the coloring is finished, it should take our letterer Bill roughly two weeks to letter the second half of the book, handle any dialogue revisions or typos needed, and slap the whole thing together and it'll be off to the printer at last. In spite of all the setbacks, I'm always optimistic that things will run smoothly the rest of the way and we'll get this book out the door.

Anyway, here's some preview art with fake captions to carry us through to next week...


 "Who ate my last goddamn donut?!"

"Do you think I eat donuts with a figure like this?"

"The Moss eat the donut. The Moss not the sorry!"

"The moss can count on the fingers how many the donuts the Moss eats!"

Anyway, that's all for this week, my friends. Thanks for all the support and as always, your patience. No one is more anxious to get this project out the door than we are!"

No comments:

Post a Comment