Friday, June 10, 2016

A little color (Keith)

I'm in the middle of a super-hectic day so this won't be the most in depth blog post of all time. Still, anything is better than nothing. At least that's what I usually tell myself when I look at my 401k.

Anyway, you might remember this page from the Kickstarter campaign, Tom and I had it posted. But here it is for the first time with the flat colors filled in. Flat coloring is just pretty much basic colors without any rendering; it kinds looks like 80's comic book coloring. I've been doing the flatting on the project and, while it's a bit tedious, I am enjoying learning a lot about the coloring process in this day and age. FUN FACT: my first professional gig (aside from background inking) was as a colorist at Valiant Comics in the early 90's. I was only there briefly, I decided to return home for the summer instead of staying in Jersey where I was living for school at the time but I remember coloring with watercolor dyes onto photocopies of the original art.

Coloring is a little different these days, what with photoshop and all. 

So from here, Tom will eventually take this page and do the color rendering and special effects and add all the bells and whistles that he does so well. 

Next week, Tom and I will be in Missouri kicking off our Switch tour at Mighty Con. We're both travelling on Friday but one of us will get the blog updated regardless. If you're in the area or at the show, please stop in and give us a hug.

See you soon!
Keith


No comments:

Post a Comment