Friday, June 24, 2016

Keith needs steroids

At the moment, I'm being flooded with error message upon error message from my printer (which is perilously close to being thrown through a wall. Or at least thrown towards a wall. It's a pretty big, wide-format printer. I'd need steroids to throw it through the wall).

Anyway, before I tear my hair out, it seems an ideal time to distract myself with the weekly blog post for The Switch.

Tom and I appeared together last weekend at Mighty Con in Missouri. While there, we shot some video for the behind-the-scenes documentary all the kickstarter backers will receive. The docu is Tom's project, I really don't know what it's going to be like any more than any of you do. It's probably a safe bet that there will be bikini girls in it, knowing Tom. All I know is that a couple of times, I looked up from sketching at the convention (or working on Green Lantern in my hotel room at night) to find Tom filming me. 

It's just as creepy as it sounds. 

I'm from Connecticut, where we don't even look at each other as we pass one another in the street. So I was caught off guard by how friendly the people of Missouri are, so much so that I broke my own rule about shaking hands with strangers at conventions many times. You're almost guaranteed to get sick and sure enough, I've been cursed with the plague this week. I'm finally starting to feel human again, thank Dayquil, just in time to drive up to Worcester, Mass tonight for Massive Con this weekend. If I see you there and don't shake your hand, don't be offended. Just say thanks. I'm done with conventions until November after this. 

In the meantime, our plucky pal Tom is down in Knoxville, Tennessee at Fanboy Expo. He's pulling double duty as the celebrity photographer and a comic book guest. So if you get a picture taken with William Shatner or The Dukes of Hazzard, that's Tom behind the camera. Enjoy him, he's a national treasure.

In the meantime, between all these conventions and plagues and the such, we've continued to plug away at The Switch. The script is complete (although I continue to tinker/fine tune dialogue for the second half) and Tom is producing some beautiful pages. I'm happy with the story; I feel like tonally, it takes a reader on a full roller coaster ride of emotion, all the highs and lows of Electricia/The Switch's journey. I'm anxious for all of you to get to read it.

Anyway, here's some art to hold you over until next week. This page features Kickstarter backer Christopher Gerber in panel two.

 Hope everyone is doing well out there lately!

Thanks,
Keith




1 comment:

  1. Interesting that you mention being from Connecticut, I'm currently working in West Hartford!

    ReplyDelete