Friday, June 3, 2016

Update #11 (Tom)

Howdy.  Tom here.  Before I begin, I'd like to thank Keith for taking over for last week's update while I was out with a freak/severely strained neck injury that prompted me to go to the doctor.  I'm in better condition now (thanks to all on my social media for the well wishes--really made my week!) and can get back to being more active and productive again (I was very much bedridden for most of the past week or so).

Last time Keith showed you a little of his writing process along with one of this page layouts, and contrasted it to my own layout.  I'm just as fascinated with how he sees things in his mind's eye as he's writing.  Being an artist himself, his vision is not to be discounted.  Sometimes our layouts will end up very similar, sometimes quite different as you saw.  There's really not much of a rhyme or reason; usually I don't even see his layouts.  So that is a good reason why there's a difference.  Differences in how artists see things can be for a variety of reasons which I won't bore you here.  The point is that Keith just goes along with whatever I put down because he's just that easygoing.  Or too trusting.  Or a sucker.

Anyway, since Keith already kind of spilled the beans with a sneak peek at one of the pages, I thought I'd give you guys another peek at that same page, this time in a more advanced stage:
That's me inking at a restaurant because I am that dedicated!  By the way, this is one of many clips that will be incorporated into the 1-hour Switch behind-the-scenes movie that all you awesome backers will receive ;)

In two weeks, Keith and I will kick off our Switch tour in St. Louis for St. Louis Comic Con!  He and I are trying to see if we can do something special for Switch fans that weekend.  Hope to see you guys there!  

No comments:

Post a Comment