Friday, February 17, 2017

A smorgasbord of a blog post

Hey everybody, Happy Friday! Glad to see we've all made it to the end of another week (and another update to the Switch production blog together.

I was going through some Switch files on my computer to find some art to share this week and was struck by the absurdity of the above panel. The Ghost of Ronald Reagan and Bigfoot sprinting down a hall together. To me, that image is endlessly amusing and encapsulates the "anything goes" feel of this story. If it amuses you too, then we probably should be best friends.

Earlier this week, I shared a link to download one of the digital rewards from the Kickstarter campaign, the PDF of the Armor X graphic novel by Andy Smith and myself. A few people have touched base that they haven't been able to download it so I'm sharing the link here for anyone that has had difficulties or maybe didn't see the update in the first place.

This is kind of on the honor system so if you stumbled on this blog but didn't support the Switch Kickstarter, Tom will hunt you down and kiss you softly if you click on this link. The rest of you are safe.

ARMOR X PDF

On the actual production side of the project, I finally settled on the definitive, final ending for this story a couple of weeks ago and uploaded the final version of the script for our beloved Tommy. Before lettering begins in earnest, I'll take one more pass through the script to see if any of the dialogue feels clunky but overall, I feel pretty confident that it's 97% percent all locked down and good to go. I've lived with the script for so long now that it feels pretty good to finally exhale and start to let it go.

If you follow me on social media (and you probably don't considering how many followers I have. Do me a favor and follow thepretentiouskeithchampagne on instagram, would you?) you may have noticed that, while Tom finishes up on The Switch, I've started posting about a new Kickstarter project called Barbaric that Andy Smith (the Armor X artist) and I are going to launch next month. Here's a peek at the logo:


I'm still in the process of figuring out rewards (does anyone want to oil wrestle with Tom? Thinking out loud here...) and the such but wanted to mention that any Switch supporters that are brave enough to enter the world of Barbaric (this is very much a rated 'R' project, similar in content to Game Of Thrones...on steroids) will automatically receive a special bonus reward that won't be offered to anyone else. Part marketing tool, sure, but mostly a sincere thank you. The way all of you have supported The Switch has given us the moxie to dream larger and try to bring those dreams to life. A little extra thank you seems warranted. 

I think I've rambled on long enough today. Next week, Tom should be back in the states and will take his turn entertaining us on the blog. 

Thanks for reading, everyone. Have a great week!
Keith



No comments:

Post a Comment