Friday, February 3, 2017

schedule update

Hey everybody, welcome back to the blog this week. Hope you've all been well out there. Here's what has been going on in the world of The Switch over the past seven days.

I spoke with Tom yesterday who, you'll all be glad to know, survived his adventure through the killing fields of Cambodia and made it safely back to Vietnam, where he continues to produce some nifty artwork for our little project. The problem is that in spite of his best efforts, Tom is still behind schedule. It's an incredible amount of work to produce a 90-page graphic novel while keeping the bar set consistently high for the art. A lot of people who don't draw for a living think this stuff just flows out like water but believe me, it's a painstaking, grueling process. 

Anyway, long story short, Tom asked if he could extend the deadline back into March to finish the art and we decided it would be in the best interest of both the project and his health that The Switch gets pushed  back a bit more. I know Tom feels like he's letting everyone down but I can guarantee no one will feel disappointed when the book finally arrives, which will now be in June or July, depending on how soon it's printed and shipped back from China, which is a 6-8 week process. 

Pushing it back will also make my life a little easier because, unfortunately, I found out yesterday after a CT scan and consultation that I require another surgery on my leg. The metal plates and screws holding me together are a constant source of pain and my surgeon feels removing the hardware now that my Tibia is stable enough will alleviate much or the pain, knock on wood. So once I schedule that, I'll be immobilized for a while again post-surgery. Sucks but in the long run, hopefully it'll be worth it.

I guess this isn't exactly the most uplifting and positive update we've sprung on you so I wanted to include something pretty to look at and end on an up note. Here's the art for Page 45 of The Switch, featuring Nasty Cat. I feel like Tom killed it on this page and hope you do too!

Next week, we should be able to show off the Doug Mahnke alternate cover. Something to live for there, very few people are as talented as the great Doug Mahnke.

Have a great week, everyone!
Keith





No comments:

Post a Comment