Saturday, April 8, 2017

A Day Late, and Rewards Update (Tom)!

Sorry the weekly blog is a day late-- yesterday was a hell of a day for me due to tax time (my least favorite time of the year), needing to organize all of my paperwork and receipts, and just barely making my appointment in time to see my tax accountant. But that is not your problem. Regardless, here is your weekly update on The Switch, albeit a day late (only the second time we're late with this blog, if memory serves; still proud to have hit every week except for one during Christmas season).

Last weekend I did a signing at one of my favorite stores, Limited Edition Comics & Collectibles in Cedar Falls, Iowa.  I wasn't the only pro there: industry friends Erik Burnham and Brent Schoonover were also on hand to sign autographs and do sketches for the fans. In short, it was a fantastic time, and if you're really curious about the details of the weekend, then you can check out an upcoming vlog soon on my YouTube channel.  But I mention this signing for 2 reasons.  First, one of the sketch requests I got that weekend is Switch-related: a drawing of Nasty Cat for Nick:

I showed the finished sketch on my Instagram, but here is the first time I've shown the actual process.  I'm always excited when people request Switch characters!  The second reason I bring this up is because I've had several people at the signing mention how much they appreciate the weekly updates here (busted! Now I know there are more than 4 people who read this blog!), as that was a big goal of Keith and mine--to be as transparent as possible for this project for our backers.

Speaking of transparency and updates, here's one regarding the free headshot sketches everyone will receive (which we'll work hard on finishing asap after the book is sent to the printers).  In my rare spare moments, I'll layout and begin the headshot sketches.  In fact, here are a few peeks (keep in mind, they're unfinished but will be inked) of some of our characters for our backers:
Nagengast

Snow

Nasty Cat

Moss

Lover Boy

Electricia
Hope you've enjoyed the art here, and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment