Friday, April 14, 2017

A startling confession

Hey everybody, happy Good Friday to all of you. If you need a break from dying Easter eggs or relaxing on an extra day off, well, you can always count on the trusty old Switch production blog to provide a minute or two of a distraction for you.

This week, I have a startling confession to make. I'm really tired of The Switch. I've been living with this thing (and the constant stress of how far behind the production process has run) for much longer than intended at this point. For me, all the fun, creative parts of my contribution to the graphic novel were finished a long while ago. Now, all that remains is the grunt work of flatting colors or lettering pages whenever new pages trickle in. Producing a project of this size is a marathon. In this case, it's turned into an ultra-marathon.

Anyway, don't cry for me, Argentina! At the end of the day, we'll have an amazing, Kick-Ass project to be proud of for the rest of our careers and all of our supporters will have something cool on their bookshelves to someday hand down to their children and grandchildren. An heirloom of the graphic variety, if you will.

The finish line is in sight. Just gotta power through some creative fatigue and get there. Somebody cue the 'Chariots Of Fire' music while I get back to it over here.

In the meantime, here's some screenshots of some stuff I've done this week. Happy Easter, everybody. You'll be in Tom's capable hands again next week. He moisturizes his hands so they're nice and soft and comfortable. Or so I'm told.

Thanks as always for your support. See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment