Friday, December 1, 2017

Hey everyone, it's Friday and that means (for most weeks, anyway) that it's time for another installment of the production blog. I got a message from Tom this morning saying that he was in Japan and asking if I could update the blog for him so here I am, updating the blog. Tom says jump and I update the blog while he continues on to his final destination of Vietnam for the next few months.

I don't actually have much to report today. I haven't heard from Tom in the past few weeks aside from the message I got this morning so I can't give a crystal clear picture of what kind of progress has been made on The Switch since the last blog update. I skimmed through the dropbox folders before posting this and counted about 7 pages that aren't uploaded yet so I'd say we've got approximately 83 pages in the can. I'll bet Tom is cursing me for adding 10 extra pages to the story; without that extra chunk, he'd be done.

There is some exciting non-Switch news according to a video message that our little Tom posted on Facebook/Youtube yesterday morning. Tom is officially engaged and soon to be married! I'm sure hearts (at least one...cough...yaybo...cough) are breaking all over the world as the news spreads and it's hard to believe that Mr Nguyen, who has been a perennially stubborn bachelor from the day I met him, is about to cross the threshold to marital bliss. 

I don't want to speak too deeply into Tom's personal life but I know that preparing for his wedding and also wading through all the red tape from immigration so his soon-to-be wife can return with him to America has taken up a lot of time and given Tom a lot of gray hair over the last few months. Well...welcome to marriage, Tommy! It doesn't get any easier.

Anyway, here's some sneak peek artwork for the week. I'll catch you on the other side... 



Never ask Electricia to give you a breast exam!


Cat fight, Nasty style!




What? There's a giant robot in this book too?




Electricia may have anger control issues

And that's a wrap for this week. Tom will be back next time (I hope?) to announce that he's finished with the book. Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment