Friday, December 22, 2017

Pre-holiday update


Hey gang, here's your weekly update of the Switch holiday blog. 

As we round the corner into full-blown holiday madness and meeting end-of-the-year deadlines, stress levels around these parts tend to climb to stratospheric heights. Getting married shortly after the new year can certainly add to that stress which is why I'm cutting Tom some slack for failing to chart much progress over the last week or so on this project. The last time I texted with Tom, he was about to have an aneurysm from feeling overwhelmed with life, his other deadlines, and getting The Switch finished. 

Funny digression, real quick. A friend of mind contacted me the other day asking what was going on with Tom. How was he getting married when he's already married to his lovely Facebook bride, Gertrude?! Of course, I quickly explained that now that Gertrude has been missing for several years, Tom was able to legally annul the marriage and is now free to move on and marry again. I do hope the disappearance of Gertrude is solved someday, as well as the whereabouts of Tom's missing children and his former assistant Trong. I prefer to think that Trong and Gertrude fell in love and ran off together. Not that Tom killed them all and buried their bodies in his parents' basement. 

Although while the Nguyen family is in Vietnam for the winter, it might not be a bad time for someone to check that basement...

Anyway, I'm sorry that I can't report any forward progress this installment. I know that the new date targeted by Dynamite to deliver to the printers is January 11. That should leave plenty of time to put any finishing touches on the art/letters/colors after the holidays and finally get this all in the rear view. It's beyond frustrating and I appreciate how understanding all of you have been.

Anyway, here's some preview art for this week...



"THE MOSS FOUND THE MAMMAL HIDING IN THE MOSS'S FUR!"


"I wasn't hiding, you insufferable fool. I've been trapped since you sat on me."


"God, fresh air never tasted so good!"


"These are my boobs. They shoot electricity. If I ever had kids, they're in for a rude awakening if I breast feed them."

That's all for this week, folks. A very merry Christmas and holiday season from all of us here at Team Switch!

No comments:

Post a Comment