Friday, January 6, 2017

Special Surprise Guest Star activated


Hey everybody, welcome to another week of The Switch production blog! My name is Keith and I'll be your host this week. Come in, sit down, let's chat!

Tom has been picking up speed lately, pages have been coming in a pretty steady stream. I'm relatively sure that he's got Vietnamese children working sweatshop-style over there on this project, that's the only explanation I can think of so it's gotta be true.

I've had to pick up the pace a bit with the coloring so that Tom doesn't get too far ahead of me. And while I was flipping a page around in Photoshop this morning, I realized while I was coloring that Tom had sneaked a surprise likeness of one of our backers, Eric Marshall, into the book. Eric grabbed the Doug Mahnke alternate cover reward, if memory serves. 

 I had already colored Eric completely wrong when it dawned on me why this character was looking so familiar so now I have to go back and redo some stuff. But here's Eric below, playing the role of...well, an asshole, really. 




He's a nice guy in real life. I promise. I wonder what Tom will do next, he's always up to something, that rapscallion.

We'll see you back here next week with another thrilling episode of The Switch production blog. Until then, we remain your loyal graphic novelists and thank you for your support.

Keith

1 comment: