Friday, September 15, 2017

Greetings from Minnesota

Hey Everyone, thanks for coming back for another weekly installment of The Switch production blog. This week, I'm back in Minnesota for the third time in the last year, appearing at the ComicCard show tomorrow in Bloomington. So if you're in the area, stop on by! And if you're not in the area, you should fly in because really, how often do you get to hang out with Frank Fosco, Tim Seeley, Tom Nguyen and me?  Unfortunately, our color artist Robb is away for the weekend, preventing it from being a gathering of the entire Switch team. But we're going to try to soldier on and make something of the weekend as best we can without him.

While I'm here, Tom and I are also working on pages from America's Favorite Graphic Novel as well as going over other matters related to The Switch. Tom has been shooting more footage for the behind-the-scenes making of The Switch documentary that all backers are going to receive; something even shooting footage while he's driving which is pretty scary to me. So if you happen to hear that Tom and I were killed in a tragic car accident this weekend, odds are good that it's because Tom was texting or shooting video while driving.

It sometimes seems like there's a staggering amount of moving pieces to keep track of with this project so face-to-face time is really beneficial to keeping things organized. All the emails, texts, and calls in the world can't replace a 10 minute chat sometimes.


Tom and I made custom Switch crayons after lunch with convention organizer Kevin Deneson this afternoon. Tom is sad because he instantly broke his.

I also flatted the colors for a page in my hotel room this afteroon and spotted something rather conspicuous. Can you spot the same thing I did in the below image?


See it? One of Electricia's secret super powers is to change her shirt between panels. I guess she wanted to show off her guns a little more or something. So this page goes back to Tom for a quick patch to fix the inadvertent wardrobe malfunction. Oh, that Tom...

That's about it for the blog this week. Sorry if it seemed a little unfocused but still better than no blog update at all, I hope.

See you all next week...or tomorrow at ComicCard!

Thanks as always for your support.
Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment